Sunday, December 21, 2008

Update

I know, I know. It's been a long time since I've updated my blog. But between me getting the flu last week (still not feeling 100%), Isaac getting sick again, and me being so busy at work that the last thing I want to do when I get home is to get on the computer, I keep putting off writing anything new. But, as I wait for another load of laundry to finish up I'll post some things we've been up to.


We have 3 fireplaces in our house. 2 are gas, but the third is a good old fashioned wood burning fireplace. Since Greg has a job in the moulding industry, scraps of wood are never in short supply. So about once or twice a week we have been building fires in our fireplace and making smores, roasting marshmallows, etc. We've been having a blast.




Also, it finally looks like Christmas here. I wouldn't mind if the warmer temperatures had stuck around for a little longer, but I will admit I do like the look of snow. Greg and Isaac went and played in the snow and took the sled down the front yard earlier in the week.






They later built a jump for the sled, but the memory card in my camera couldn't hold anything else on it. So I didn't get any good pictures of it.


Greg found a gingerbread house kit at Costco. We had a really good time decorating it. And while it's not the prettiest house on the block, it sure is the most colorful. It looks like a candy store exploded on it.







2 comments:

Heywood Family said...

I love the gingerbread house!!! Hope you all start feeling better soon!
Dana

WTMC said...

Sorry you've been sick. That's not fun. As I've told you many times, it's warmer in Texas. Come on down! We're expecting 70 degrees on Critmat!