Tuesday, April 28, 2009

20 Questions

I have been putting off posting anything on here, because I knew it would have to be a huge post. We've had a lot going on around our house. But, I'm going to have to come back and do that. Instead, I'm going to respond to a tag I got on Facebook about being a Mom. Thanks Tonya! I thought it would be good to keep some record of this rather than have it be deleted by Facebook someday. So here goes:


1. How old were you when your first child was born? 26

2. What month and year was your youngest child born? October 2005

3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant? It didn't seem real for the longest time. Oh, and I was really sick for the first few months.

4. Who did you tell first? Greg. Then our parents.

5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy? 50! What a fatty. Though I had a condition that made me retain tons of water. I was a balloon with opposable thumbs.

6. What did you crave while you were pregnant? Mexican food. I ate at Rubios A LOT. Is that technically Mexican food?

7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not? Uh, YES. I couldn't stand not knowing.

8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I ended up with pre eclampsia and high blood pressure. It was bad enough that I was induced 4 weeks early.

9. How much did your first child weigh? 6 lbs 14 oz. Pretty big for being early!

10. Was your first child early, late, or on time? Early. See #8, above.

11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced? We've been pretty lucky. The hardest thing we've had to deal with was reflux. Isaac was over that by 10 months old.

12. What's your favorite part of being a mom? I love watching Isaac's personality develop. He amazes me with how quickly he figures things out, and makes me laugh every day.

13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad? I don't think one is easier than the other. They both have different challenges.

14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child? Chill out! lol. Relax and enjoy your kid.

15. Did you always think you'd have kids? Yep.

16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood? The overwhelming urge I have to protect him.

17. Are there things you miss about life before kids? That's easy. More free time. But now, if I have some, I wander around aimlessly.

18. How many children do you have? Just one.

19. Do you plan to have any more children? Yeah, probably.

20. Who's the mom that you admire most? My own mom. She is the most giving and unselfish person I know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, Isaac wasn't born in October 2001 was he? That'd make him like 8. Just checkin' on that. It was fun to read though!

Lisa B said...

Whoops! Thanks Kara! I'll go fix that.