Sunday, September 13, 2009

Preschool

So I'm going to sound like a big crybaby when I say this, but I'm going to anyway. My little boy is growing up. Isaac started preschool two weeks ago. I'm not afraid to admit it's made me a little sad thinking about how this is the start of many years of school for him. Then what? College? A mission? Who knows. I totally cried after I dropped him off that first day. Don't judge me. It was sad.
Here he is on his first day.


It's kind of a goofy smile. I couldn't get him to give me a good one.
He likes going for the most part. The last few times he's cried for a few minutes when I first drop him off, but then he's just fine. He's already learned most of the Pledge of Allegiance and several fun songs he likes to sing in the car. I think it will be good for him to be around different kids and have more structure in the day.

5 comments:

Heywood Family said...

We all cry--you're not alone!
Dana

Matt and Carolyn said...

Oh, I didn't know he was going to preschool too! That is so fun, it's great that he likes it! And yeah, I got teary too when I took Jordyn. :)

lundgrenville said...

Look at your cute little man! Love the sweet smile! Miss you guys! Hugs

Charayne said...

It's amazing how fast it goes by. Cry all you want, just don't let them see you. ha ha. He is such a smart kid anyway, just wait to see what a year of school will do.

Anonymous said...

I cried when my oldest went to preschool. Now that he is in third grade I am glad when summer is over and school begins again. That lasts until around February when I wish it was summer vacation. It is a never ending cycle.