Wednesday, January 19, 2011

December/Christmas 2010

I think I'm done apologizing about the lateness of my posts here. If anyone reads this I'm sure they know by now that I am a good month and a half behind on my posts. Meh.

So Christmas this year. As I usually do, I tell myself that I'm going to start Christmas shopping early so that I can be done and enjoy the holiday. Never happens. Although this year, I did buy a few things early online, and when they showed up at my house I put them in a closet (I have to hide them you see, since I have a child in my house who believes in Santa.) and promptly forgot about them until a few days before Christmas when I went to wrap everything. When I finished wrapping Isaac's presents and set them out on Christmas Eve, I realized that I had gone overboard.

Um, yeah. This is only the presents from Santa/Mom & Dad. This doesn't take into account the gifts he received from both sets of Grandparents, Great Grandparents, aunts and uncles. The kid is spoiled. But, he's an only child, so sue me.


Christmas and Christmas Eve were the usual. We went to Greg's Grandma's house for dinner and to act out the Nativity. Then off to my parents for the pinata. Christmas morning we were up at 6:00 am to see what Santa had brought. Then it's back to my parents, on to Greg's parents, and then we finished at my grandparents' house. Whew! Although it makes for a crazy and exhausting day, I don't think we'd change it for anything. Who else do you want to spend Christmas with than your family?

Picture time!

Here's Isaac and his loot from Santa. I will redeem myself a little by mentioning that a few days after Christmas I took about 4 gifts and put them back in the closet. I'll pull them out again when he gets bored. Just to spice things up.


Greg and Isaac working on breaking Spiderman the Pinata.


Prolly part of the reason I bought Isaac so many presents is this:


He is soooo fun to give a present to. He rips the wrapping off and then goes on and on about whatever was inside like it was the greatest thing he has ever received. He says stuff like "I've always wanted one of these!!!!" "This is the coolest ever!!!" I mean look at his face! He is THAT excited about the Matchbox car he's opening. It's so fun.

There were a few other things that we did in December, besides Christmas. Believe it or not. We made the trip to Temple Square with Greg's brother and his family.

Isaac took this picture. Not too bad, eh?



Maddie, Zach and Isaac.


One last thing worth blogging about. Greg and I went to see the Utes play against Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl. It was a quick trip. We left on Wednesday, the day of the game, and came home Thursday. Utah lost, but we still had fun.

No comments: