In August we took a trip to Bear Lake with my family. We rented a house for a few days and took my parents' boat. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them.
We went to the local rodeo while we were there. Issac and his cousin Ashlyn entered a contest to try and grab a ribbon off the tail of a calf. Neither of them got it, but they had fun running running around with the other kids.

We had big plans to go to a local cave. When we got there all the tours were sold out. So we wandered around for a little bit and took some pictures.
Isaac decided that he wanted to try water skiing. We borrowed some skis and let him try it out. It didn't go so well. Greg got him out there and got the skis on. We started going and he fell. No biggie, right? Wrong. We forgot to tell him that when you fall, you need to let go of the rope. He was dragged for about ten feet before the boat stopped. Poor kid. He refused to try again that trip. I don't blam him. A face full of water is never fun.

So he just chillaxed in the boat the rest of the time.

The house we rented had a loft. Isaac and Ashlyn thought they were pretty cool climbing all the way to the top.

Also in August, my mom and I took Isaac and Ashlyn to the county fair. We didn't last too long because it was so hot. But we had a good time while we were there.



Isaac started kindergarten in August too. It took him a few weeks, but he likes going now. He goes in the morning from 8:50 to 11:30. He has been doing really well. His last report card he got all "3s" Which is the highest mark to get. Also, just last week he started going to an advanced class. I'm really proud of him.
Here he is on the first day. What a goof.

On to September. We decided that we needed to get a camping trip in before it got too cold. By the time we found a free weekend, we could only go one night. I froze the whole time. But Greg and Isaac had fun.



October. Isaac's birthday was the biggest even this month. He turned 6! I know I say this every year but I can't believe where the time has gone.

We had a party with his friends at a local Nature Center. My brother in law is in the board there and got us a great deal. They did everything including the little gift bags for the kids. This s the way to do a kid's party. :) They brought out a turtle for the kids to touch and play with. They had a game ready for them to play. They gave them a tour of the birds that live there. It turned out great.


For November, I don't have any pictures. We had Thanksgiving with Greg's family. The food was fantastic as always.
December was Christmas of course. We were spoiled by both families. I really appreciate both My own family and Greg's family. They are good to us.

So he just chillaxed in the boat the rest of the time.

The house we rented had a loft. Isaac and Ashlyn thought they were pretty cool climbing all the way to the top.

Also in August, my mom and I took Isaac and Ashlyn to the county fair. We didn't last too long because it was so hot. But we had a good time while we were there.



Isaac started kindergarten in August too. It took him a few weeks, but he likes going now. He goes in the morning from 8:50 to 11:30. He has been doing really well. His last report card he got all "3s" Which is the highest mark to get. Also, just last week he started going to an advanced class. I'm really proud of him.
Here he is on the first day. What a goof.

On to September. We decided that we needed to get a camping trip in before it got too cold. By the time we found a free weekend, we could only go one night. I froze the whole time. But Greg and Isaac had fun.



October. Isaac's birthday was the biggest even this month. He turned 6! I know I say this every year but I can't believe where the time has gone.
I feel like I need to post a picture of Isaac and my sister, Melanie since they share a birthday.

We had a party with his friends at a local Nature Center. My brother in law is in the board there and got us a great deal. They did everything including the little gift bags for the kids. This s the way to do a kid's party. :) They brought out a turtle for the kids to touch and play with. They had a game ready for them to play. They gave them a tour of the birds that live there. It turned out great.

His birthday present was a set of golf clubs. He and his friend had taken golf lessons over the summer and he got really into it. I'm no golfer, but I think he does pretty good.

For November, I don't have any pictures. We had Thanksgiving with Greg's family. The food was fantastic as always.
December was Christmas of course. We were spoiled by both families. I really appreciate both My own family and Greg's family. They are good to us.
Because of the traditions in our families, I feel like I post the same pictures every year. I don't feel like any of these need an explanation, so I'm just going to throw these out there.



And now for my excuse. I promised a good one, and it's a doosey. We are expecting TWINS!!! We are having a boy and a girl. How perfect is that? They are due in early May, but my doctor won't let me go that long because of the potential risks. Honestly I'm glad. Here I am at 25 weeks and already uncomfortable and having a hard time sleeping. I can't imagine being 40+ weeks. I think I would die.



And now for my excuse. I promised a good one, and it's a doosey. We are expecting TWINS!!! We are having a boy and a girl. How perfect is that? They are due in early May, but my doctor won't let me go that long because of the potential risks. Honestly I'm glad. Here I am at 25 weeks and already uncomfortable and having a hard time sleeping. I can't imagine being 40+ weeks. I think I would die.
When I went in for my first appointment, Greg was meeting me there. He got held up at work and was late. So I met with my doctor alone at first and he did an ultrasound. When he told me there were two babies in there I was stunned. I really didn't say much. A few weeks earlier I had had a dream that I was having twins. Maybe I was being warned. LOL. So when Greg showed up, I already knew. The OB clinic I go to is also a client of Greg's so the doctor knew him. He decided that he would have a little fun with Greg. He did another ultrasound. He showed Greg the first baby and the heartbeat and all that. Then he asked Greg, "So has it been a good sales year?" Greg looked at him funny and said, "Yeah, I've done alight." The doctor, with a cheesy grin on his face said,"Good. Because here's your other baby." Greg gave a better reaction than I did. "WHAT?!?" He was so loud that when we left the exam room, the nurses wanted to know what was going on.
Everything is going well so far. I was really sick for about the first 15-20 weeks, but other than being tired all the time I'm doing okay. Isaac tells everyone about the twins. I was worried about what his reaction would be. For a long time, he told me he didn't want a baby in our house because they are smelly. But when we told him, he was jumping up and down he was so excited.
We had to buy a new car so that we could fit three car seats. We sold our Trailblazer and bought a Acura MDX. We've had it about a month now and I really like it.
So that's it. My excuse. It's a good one, right?

1 comment:
Congratulations! So exciting for your family. I hope everything goes well and can't wait to see pictures of your two little ones when they arrive!
Post a Comment