Happy 2013!!! I usually don't do new years resolutions, but there are a few things I really want to do this coming year so I might as well make them official. I really only have 2.
1. Keep up on this blog.
2. Run a half marathon.
Shouldn't be too hard, right? We'll see.
I considered letting the blog just die since I haven't posted anything since May of last year. But then I realized that this is really the only record I keep of our family, and I think that it is important to write some memories down. I remember as a kid my mom reading to us from her journal and I loved hearing stories from when I was little. So I am really going to try and keep up on this. I downloaded the Blogger app on my phone, so maybe that will help.
Since it's been so long since I've posted here's what's going on with our family:
Isaac is 7 years old and started first grade back in September. He had a hard time getting used to going all day at first and there were some days when I had to walk him into class, but he loves it ow and is doing really well. When we went to parent/teacher conference at the end of the first term his teacher suggested we apply for the accelerated program for 2nd grade. We decided to wait until he is in 3rd grade because the 2nd grade program is at a different school. I really like the school he's in now and I think it would be too hard on him to switch schools for one grade. Isaac also did Jr. Jazz this last fall. He LOVED it. It was a six week instructional class and I wish it would have been longer. He has another year before he can play on a team and I know he will do really well.
Marcus and Grace are nine months old. I seriously cannot believe it. Time has flown this year. They are growing so fast. Marcus is crawling and pulling himself up. He has 5 teeth. I'm pretty sure he's getting another one because he's been pretty fussy the past few days. Grace is such a cutie. She is a mellow easy going baby. She's not crawling yet, but I think it's because she hates being on her tummy because of her reflux. The reflux is getting better which is awesome because it means less laundry. :) She is the talker of the two babies. She's constantly babbling. She has these bright blue eyes that I love. There are still times when I can't believe I have two babies. It's crazy.
Greg has gone from working at Canon, to going back to Intermountain Staffing in sales, and was just promoted to a branch manager. He is doing really well. He works really hard for our family. He bought a jeep a few months back and that has been his project. He and Issac have also been working on a go kart and they have a lot of fun with that.
I'm just hanging out being a mom. Sometimes I still feel like I'm just trying to survive the day, but I think that's normal with twins. It's a lot of work to get out of the house with them, but I try and do it as much as I can. The kids and I all benefit from it.
So that's what's going on with us. We had a family picture taken a few months back, so you can see what we look like these days.
4th of July
13 years ago

1 comment:
Lisa,
I am so glad you have updated your blog. I think about you often and wonder how you are doing. I'm glad to hear everything is going good for you.
Post a Comment