Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Report

I've seen this same entry popping up on everyone else's blog. Here's some pictures of our Halloween.

We carved a pumpkin a few days before. Greg's dad grew this pumpkin in his backyard, so props to him. It was huge. We asked Isaac what he wanted to carve in it, and he told us he wanted an octopus. The kid couldn't think of something easy, like a cool jack-o-lantern face or a ghost. He insisted on a octopus. So I left it up to Greg, because I am artistically challenged. Ever the handyman, he decided to use his dremel tool to carve it. I was really impressed with how it turned out.





Isaac decided months ago that he wanted to be a "Go Utes" (translation: University of Utah) football player for Halloween. I thought, simple. I've seen U of U football jerseys at Wal-Mart, I can throw something together. It'll be easy. HA! Not so. I went to pretty much every Wal-Mart in the Salt Lake Valley looking for one of those jerseys. I found plenty on line, but I wasn't going to pay $50 or more for a football jersey. Anyway, I ended up finding a Tampa Bay Buccaneers uniform online for a *somewhat* reasonable price and he loved it. From the day UPS delivered it he wore that helmet non stop. I even have a picture of him in only the helmet and undies, but I will spare him the future embarrassment and not post it. I'll save it for a day when he's older and I need something for blackmail.
Anyway, here he is in his Bucks uniform. He had a blast trick or treating, and asked the next morning if he could go again.




Oh, and I almost forgot. Saturday morning he dumped his candy out and started putting it in matching piles. I couldn't resist taking a picture. Although I will admit that I did help him match them all up.

4 comments:

Heywood Family said...

So much fun!! Looks like you all had a great Halloween!
Dana

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That kid scored on the halloween candy. I am going trick-or-treating with you guys next year! Looks like he had fun. I have to say that pumpkins looks awesome.
Dawn

WTMC said...

Looks like everyone thought the "Go Bucs!" player was cute enough to load up with candy.
Great job on the octopus!

Jen said...

Great pumpkin! What a handyman your hubby is! And cute costume!!
~Jen