Saturday, October 30, 2010

Isaac's 5th Birthday

Holy crap. I have a FIVE year old. Seriously. How did this happen?

For his birthday, Isaac wanted to got the Museum of Natural History. We have never been there before so we went to check it out.





The other thing he asked to do on this birthday? Go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. What?? He's never been there, so I don't know where he got the idea. One of his favorite foods is steak, so he was in heaven. We told the waitress that it was his birthday so they had him sit on saddle and then sang to him. He wasn't too sure about it at first.


We also had a birthday party for him with his friends. Since he has an October birthday, we decided to have a Halloween theme. The kids all wore their Halloween costumes and we decorated pumpkins and played games. I also had this story I remembered from when I was a kid. It's a story about a guy that has died, and I have all his body parts. Not really obviously, but for his eyes I had peeled grapes, his intestines were cooked spaghetti, his ear was a dried apricot, etc. So as I told the story I would let them feel the "body parts" but not see what they really were until the end. Some of the kids were really into it and thought it was cool, others not so much.
Here's my big 5 year old in his new suit. (Something he asked for for his birthday.)

1 comment:

Charayne said...

It goes by fast. I can hardly believe it either. He looks so cute in his suit and it's so funny that he wanted that!