Friday, October 8, 2010

Summer Summary

Yeah, yeah. So I realize that we're well into autumn. But I hadn't posted much about what we did this last summer. I know I talked about my running, but that was just a part of what went on around here.


We went four-wheeling/dirt biking in the desert with my family. We somehow picked a day when the weather was perfect.






We also did a lot of biking. Since Isaac learned how to ride without training wheels, he rides his bike all the time.



Speaking of biking. Greg is officially the coolest dad ever. He built this ramp for Isaac. It's super cool. The second we pull this out of the garage, all the neighborhood kids come running over with their bikes, scooters, skateboards, and whatever else you can think of to ride on this thing. We have a really good time.




We hit Lagoon a couple of times. I haven't been in quite a while and we had a lot of fun. Isaac even went on some of the bigger rides like the white roller coaster and the Spider.




One of the highlights of our summer was this.


If you remember, Isaac is a big Jack Johnson fan. We were able to score some free tickets to his concert! So cool!
He doesn't look super excited here, but I promise he had a blast. He did end up falling asleep at the end though. It was kind of late though.


And of course we had to go boating. Isaac is getting more and more brave on his EZ ski. It still does make me a little nervous though.

Greg's birthday was in July. Want to know what he asked for? A lawn mower. I know, right? To be fair he asked for a push mower so he could make his putting green in the back yard. Apparently the regular mower doesn't cut the grass low enough.




And that's what we did with our summer vacation. Now it's back to (pre)school and cold weather. Yuck.

Here's Isaac all ready to go on his first day of school. Like I said in a previous post, because of his late birthday he gets to go to preschool one more year.


1 comment:

Charayne said...

I can't believe that so much time has gone by. It looks like you've had a fun summer. Isaac is getting so big!!!! Oh and next time I want to do the mud race....looks so fun! Let's get together soon! :)