Isaac has been sick for a few days with croup. It has not been fun at all. Poor kid wakes up in the night coughing so hard he can't stop and has a hard time breathing. It's a little scary to say the least. We took him to InstaCare on Sunday, and they gave him some steroids to help open up his airways and that's helped a little.
The thing is that he has only been sick a handful of times. These past few days I have made a few discoveries:
1. Greg cannot handle throw up. If he hears someone throw up, sees someone throw up, or smells throw up, he himself will throw up.
2. Isaac is BOSSY when he's sick. I just laid him down for a nap, and he told me, "go out of here, Mom, I need to go to sleep." Okay!
3. Greg is a better stay at home parent that I am. He stayed home from work with Isaac yesterday, and cleaned the house and did all but about 2 loads of laundry. Yes! Thank you Greg! Also, Greg had to leave for a few hours last night and Isaac sat by the window waiting for him to come home. They must have had a really good time yesterday.
4. My sister thinks that gout and croup are the same illness. Okay, maybe not really but she kept saying that Isaac had gout. He he, you know I love you, Mel.
Hopefully Isaac will get feeling better soon. He's been pretty mopey and I miss my fun little guy.
4th of July
13 years ago
7 comments:
I wonder if our kids are sick from the party a couple of weeks ago. My kids are sick. They don't have croup but a bad cold. I hope this isn't going around to all the kids that were there. Hope he gets feeling better soon! (For his sake and yours)
Dawn
Sorry he's sick!! Ethan has had croup like 3 or 4 times--his doc said he was "croup prone!" But it is something they are supposed to be less likely to get as they get bigger and their airway gets bigger.
~Jen
Ohhhh, the croup, that STINKS! I hope your boss-man gets better soon!
poor kid. get better soon Isaac!
It always stinks when the kids get sick. It's no fun for ANYONE! Hope he feels better. Sounds like Croup is going around. (Or is that gout?) ha ha! Way to go Greg on staying home and being domestic and stuff.
Croup, Gout, whatever...he threw up at my house - you should be nicer to me. Jerk.
SO the sicknesses begin...always around the holidays.
Hope he is feeling better very soon! :)
Post a Comment