Allow me to tell you a little story. It requires some background, so bear with me. As you probably know we are University of Utah fans at our house. Which means by default we want BYU to loose to whomever they are playing, right? Well, last weekend BYU played Texas Christan University (TCU), so naturally we were rooting for them. Our bishop is a die-hard BYU fan. He and Greg have a constant friendly rivalry going on and make jokes with each other about their respective teams. Also last weekend was the primary program in our ward. Isaac and I were both involved in it and went to a practice run through on Saturday morning at the church. On our way out the door, Greg said to Isaac, "When you see the bishop, tell him 'Go Horned Frogs'!". (TCU's mascot) I just rolled my eyes and rushed out the door with Isaac because we were late. (We're always late.) I completely forgot about Greg's instructions to Isaac until Sunday when after the primary had finished with their Sacrament meeting program and the Bishop was walking up to the pulpit to make some closing remarks at the end of the meeting. Isaac was sitting right by the stairs to come up to the stand. I was sitting with the class I teach right behind him. I saw it coming. Isaac got this big smile on his face. He looked right at the bishop and said. "Go Horned Frogs!" Nice. Thanks, Greg. Later, in the adult meeting the bishop told anyone who didn't hear Isaac what had happened. He said that he stumbled with what he was going to say in the meeting because he was so taken back by what Isaac had said. Well, at least I know Isaac is loyal to the Utes.
Oh, and BYU lost to TCU :).
4th of July
13 years ago
4 comments:
Tony thinks that you have to teach them young. He already has our kids saying "GO UTES!" What a cute story. Hope you have a great Halloween.
Haha, that is soo funny! Kids are hilarious.
Good to see my nephew supports Texas! Go UNDEFEATED, #6 Horned Frogs! (Sent from Fort Worth, Texas, home to TCU)
ha ha ha!!! That's so funny.
Post a Comment